Taking TOPIK I #KoreanDream

It was Sunday morning, my precious day, when I decided to go for a test. Language test. Korean. TOPIK I. 

TOPIK I is the first level or very basic Korean test. I know that I've been learning Korean for years, but it's been on and off; every time I wanted to learn it, I always thought that I needed to start from the beginning. I think that's why I'm still labelling myself as a beginner until now.

Anyway, I took the test, so that I can attach the certificate when I apply for other scholarships next year because for this year's trials, I only attach IELTS certificate because that's the only language certificate that I own. What I think is that, because I'm applying to Korea, so it'll be good if I have TOPIK. I'll take 1 year Korean language lesson before starting my Master, though. 

SO, I want to get a good result, BUT I didn't study....almost at all. I bought some learning materials, but didn't really open it until 2 hours before going to the test venue :) 

About the test, it's similar with TOEFL ITP because it only includes Listening, Reading (short passage), and (a super little) Structure. And all are in multiple choice. I can say that the Listening part is pretty easy, because they speak super slowly and they even repeat it--which you won't find in English tests. Howeveeerrr, I still felt stupid at some numbers at the end part because the difficulty level rose up. 

Then for the Reading part, there's no long text. Only like 1 short paragraph reading. I'm not really confident with the Reading part because (with no well-prepared study beforehand), I didn't know vocabs. 

BUT, I'm proud of myself that I can do most of the numbers. 

If I get good scores for this, I'll take the TOPIK II next year, but with more preparation of course! I shouldn't fail the next level. 

It's a good experience to take this test. I really wish that I can use the result to "boost up" my chance getting the scholarship. This sounds like a silly wish because I didn't even prepare well for the test and it's "just" the TOPIK I, but I know this is better than doing no such effort. 



Xx
-el 

Comments

Popular Posts